Re: [oletrucks] MINOR EMERGENCY (CARB CLEANER)

To: "Jays Mail" <jaybaker@ruralnetwork.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] MINOR EMERGENCY (CARB CLEANER)
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 11:18:28 -0800
>Morning guy's I woke up this Morning to a Minor Emergency. Maybe Major but
>need some help. seems my 5 gal can of carb cleaner sprang a leak overnight
>and I have it all over the shop floor this morning anybody have any Ideas
>how to clean this nasty Crap up without involving a HAZMAT team.

I think you're right about the kitty litter as a first step.  Once it soaks
up, scoop it up and bag it.  Might call the fire dept as to the most
appropriate way to dispose of it.

After that, I think hot water with a good amount of laundry detergent.  If
you've ever had it on your hands, you'll know that it is kind of clingy,
like light oil or paint thinner.  This is more true after it has been sed a
few times.  The best way to deal with it is to treat it like grease and find
a soap that breaks it down.  I think laundry detergent is the best stuff I
know of.

Good luck,

Grant S.