RE: [oletrucks] have ya'll ever heard of butterfly carbs??

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] have ya'll ever heard of butterfly carbs??
From: "Nelson, Jeff - DTC" <jnelson@paducah.k12.ky.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 15:08:03 -0600
This is an ANCIENT (first appeared in print in 1948) urban legend. Check it
out at:

        http://www.snopes.com/autos/business/magiccar.htm

Think about it. How many more cars could Chevy sell if they had a 200 mpg
carburetor? They could put every other auto company on the planet out of
business. This is not to claim that big business and big oil is only
concerned about our welfare, but the story assumes a level of conspiracy
that just couldn't be maintained.

Jeff Nelson
1953 3604
Paducah, KY