[oletrucks] Polishing glass?

To: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>, <varanus@phoenix.net>,
Subject: [oletrucks] Polishing glass?
From: "Michael Lubitz" <mlrba@texas.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 07:03:41 -0600
Guys,

I have had some experience in polishing glass and own a machine that
actually polishes scratches out of glass.  The inside scoop is that if you
can feel the scratch in the glass then the Eastman product and similar
products will not do the job.  I think that this product and similar ones
are designed to remove the distinct  "windshield wiper" area on your
windshield by polishing the whole windshield and will not do much more.

The machine that I have cost about $2,500 and attaches to the glass with a
vacuum action and recalculates a special abrasive in a water solution.  It's
pretty neat, but the result is not perfect as it does distort the glass
slightly.

Should anyone want, come to Austin and I'll work this magic for free on your
glass.

Michael Lubitz
1946 Chevy 3/4 ton stock
1948 Chevrolet 3100, hot rod