[oletrucks] Forged 409 crankshaft?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Forged 409 crankshaft?
From: CLLLSLS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 16:31:03 EST
Hey everyone,

A friend has a 65 chevy dump truck it's a real piece of junk, but it's got
the original running 50K mile 409 in it as well as a tach dash and a good
brownie box. He says I can have the truck if I want it. I don't really want
the whole truck so I think I'll just pull the parts from it I can use and let
him junk the rest. I would like to know if there's anything special in the
bottom end of this motor, like forged crank, special rods? Because if the
bottom ends not worth anything, I'll just pull the heads and leave the rest
and save alot of hassle.

Dustin