[oletrucks] 302 engine

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 302 engine
From: "Rocky Jones" <rockyjones@prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 13:00:35 -0600
I have a '53 5 window GMC 3/4 ton with a fully restored body (original except
I chromed the grill and bumpers).  Now I have to tackle the engine.  I want to
dress it up and lay in original- type speed equipment from the era.  Not
necessarily for speed but, in the words of a sainted truckmaster, "drop your
d--- in the dirt gorgeous."

The original 228 has a warped cylinder.  It was suggested to me to use a 302
as a platform to give more power and still, to the naked eye, look original.
Ideas? Suggestions?

One more thing, wheels and tires.  I have the original 8 lug split rims.
Dangerous but, I want to keep the original style hubcaps.  Ideas for
replacements?