Re: [oletrucks] Going Rate for Truck Fenders

To: rwelch@ionet.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Going Rate for Truck Fenders
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 15:37:19 EST
In a message dated 2/5/01 12:24:27 PM Pacific Standard Time, rwelch@ionet.net
writes:

<< Looking for front fenders for a 55-57 TF.  Just curious what they are
 fetching around the country.  Seems like everyone I've found here wants
 about $250 apiece.  The steel fenders aren't being reproduced are they?

 Bob Welch
 Bartlesville, OK
 '56 Cameo
 '55 Belair
 '54 5-window AD >>

  Seems a bit high in my estimation...but I guess whatever the market will
bear.

  I'd look at it this way, if the $250.00 fender is an "A1" fender (no rust,
no bondo job repair, maybe a few minor dings), then buy it because it's a
good starting point to use.
  You may be able to find a fender in the same shape for $50.00, but it may
take you two years of searching.

  Mike