[oletrucks] TF (55-59) trucks with automatics--crossmembers

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] TF (55-59) trucks with automatics--crossmembers
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 14:50:41 -0700
Brian--

The original bellhousing crossmember can be removed
to make more clearance for working on the tranny,
when an automatic tranny has been swapped in.
Whether or not you can get the pan off the tranny
with the crossmember in place, depends on the exact
location of the engine/tranny...and each swap is a
little bit different.  I can get the pans off the
trannys in my 59s that have big blocks and TH400
transmissions, it's close, but they come out.  I
left the crossmembers in for the strength they give,
plus I'm too lazy to remove them!

Jim F
59s in AZ