[oletrucks] New to the list

To: Oletrucks list <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] New to the list
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@avaya.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 23:01:15 -0500
Hi, I am new to the list.  I currently do not own an old Chevy
truck but I see one in my future.  First I have to finish the
MG Midget that I am working on, I can't have to many unfinished
projects around since I really don't have the space. I figure
I would join the list, lurk and see what I can learn.  I figure
I will learn the trouble spots of these truck.  I would like
to get a 1955 to 1959 Series II 2 wheel drive step side truck.
The problem seems that most of these truck are in the middle of
the US and I don't see many of them for sale in New Jersey.

What I would like to do, and I apologize to the originality
guys, is get a truck fix the rust and make a daily driver.
Then I would like to put in 350 crate engine, auto
transmission, maybe power steering, and yes AC.  I would like
to use FI, but I guess I will need a late model wreck.  Something
like an Impala would do, I don't need a really high performance engine.
Possibly front disc brakes and I am not sure what else.  Seem
like the basis of a plan.  While I don't need a truck right know
if a really good deal pops up I can always get and explain to my
wife latter.  Or I can store at my Dad's until the MG is finished.

Bill Gilroy
77 Midget
195x Chevy in the future