[oletrucks] Dumb swaybar question - thanks (bit long)

To: old-chevy-truck@egroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Dumb swaybar question - thanks (bit long)
From: Holly and Chris Mills <scmills@tntech.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 23:12:27 -0800
Well thanks for the informative answers on the homemade sway bars from
electrical conduit.

I haven't hunted out the old books yet but I guess I was seeing things.

A friend reminded me that an old sports car book we both own does explain
how to make sway bars but it requires heat treating at the end. Can't think
of how I'd do that at home.

The basic consensus was that sway bars can be hollow but they certainly are
not made with electrical conduit which will bend and stay bent (like it is
supposed to...) and will really offer little resistance since it's designed
o be bent easily and it thin walled.

I have found some cheap solutions to some expensive problems before (by
passing the after market) and thought maybe this was one too.

As many of you noticed - and a few complained - the question was cross
posted on about 7 lists, and I figured that each list would get it's own
clean copy with no reference to the other lists. Just trying to use the
computer to save some effort of actually composing each list's post.

Everyone got a copy but each got a pretty busy bunch of addresses.

I cross posted the question to get a good variety of answers since each
list has it's 'experts'. It was a general question that applies to any car
or truck so I didn't expect to see any complaints. I think the ones I did
see were because folks were concerned about the many address at the top.

Thanks again everyone for all the answers!

CHRIS in Tennessee
scmills@tntech.edu
ICQ: 5944649

'78 VW Westfalia (maybe some CIS injection,Corvair, turbos --- maybe I'm
just dreaming.....)
'65 Beetle (Type IV powered)
'99 CR-V 5 speed
'49 Chevy 3100 Pickup