Re: [oletrucks] door rubber seals

To: "Ronald I. Givens" <givens@hal-pc.org>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] door rubber seals
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 19:38:52 -0800
I would recommend taking the doors off so the rubber seals good in the area
behind the hinges.  I normally use the 3M adhesive in a red and white box
which is about 10 - 12 inches long.  The adhesive is a yellow color and boy
does it work.....and fast.  I'm usually able to lay down a bead as long as
my two hands can cover to hold the weather-stripping down and it usually
only takes about 3 minutes before I can move on to the next section.

My suggestions:

1.  If you remove the door, first scribe a line on the hinge and door so you
can line it back up faster.

2.  Start the weather-stripping at the bottom center of the door so the
metal retaining strip will hold the two half together just in case they want
to separate.

3.  Be sure to place the weather-stripping so the outer lip of the seal is
facing inward so it applies pressure to the door jam when the door is
closed.

4.  Be ready to loosen up the door striker because the door won't close with
the new seal installed.

Joe