Re: [oletrucks] Weight, and Width of Art Deco, Towing the truck

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Weight, and Width of Art Deco, Towing the truck
From: B&A Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 23:04:09 -0600 (CST)
I've towed TF trucks with a U Haul car hauler, both short and long bed,
with no problem.  The biggest hang up here was that they wanted to make
sure the tow vehicle was big enough for the job.  When I said that I was
using a 96 Suburban with a Class III hitch there were no further questions.
It towed just fine in our flat country.  They are really very nice trailers
special designed for this purpose.  I wouldn't mind owning my own.  The
only thing I would add is a battery powered winch somewhere up front.  It's
kind of tricky putting a dead truck with no brakes up there.  I brought
along two trucks, the sub to tow it and my pickup to push/pull the dead
truck on the trailer.

Getting it off was easy.  I tied the rear bumper to a tree, put the ramps
down, and slowly drove away.  It came down just as nice as could be.  One
of those 25 ft nylon tow straps with hooks on each end that you can get at
WalMart and other places really comes in handy.  So does one of those cheap
1 ton cable pulls.

Bruce Kettunen
57 3200
Mt. Iron, MN