Re: [oletrucks] Repair Bulletins

To: glperry@fwi.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Repair Bulletins
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 13:50:22 EST
In a message dated 3/12/01 7:57:53 AM Pacific Standard Time, glperry@fwi.com
writes:

<< I'm having trouble with my 98 Blazer plugging heater with "Lifetime"
 anti-freeze coagulating. There is a service bulletin on it and I have number.
 NOW, is there a site to look up these bulletins or do I need to use snail
mail
 to GM office somewhere. I found site for F*** trucks that has bulletins, not
 from the Company though. Anyone here ever deal with bullletins? Costs $300 to
 flush my system, new thermostat and rad cap. THEN it may need it twice.
 Unofficially dealer said some have gone back to using regular anti-freeze and
 have no further problems. I'm gonna flush myself and change to regular stuff.
 All GM vehicles have this new lifetime coolant, wonder if others are having
 trouble. Another case of the Company thinking they know what's better for us,
 HA! I'm out of warranty too, no repair is paid by GM, bummer!

 G. L. Perry
 Huntington, IN
 54 Chevy 2-ton (driver)
 50 Chevy COE (project)
 55 GMC COE (project)
 MM Jet Star 3 (tractor) >>

  Check www.alldata.com, they list a descrpition of the TB's and SB's, but
not the contents.

  Also, the Dept. Of Transportation, or the NHTSA site, forget which one, has
TB's and recall's, etc. listed as well.

Mike