Re: [oletrucks] chevy 350 w/ 700R4?

To: stephanie@annexe.cwnet.com,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] chevy 350 w/ 700R4?
From: "Bill Current" <bcurrent@csu.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 15:19:32 -0700
stephanie,
you should have no problem with the 700r4 behind a 350.  I have one in my '70
Nova
behind a pretty stout small block and really like it.  One thing is to make sure
if you get it rebuilt, you make sure they know it will be behind a stronger than
stock motor.  700s can be built to survive behind high horsepower big blocks, it
just takes some know-how.  If you haven't checked yet, most places will charge
from $900 to $1200 just to rebuild a 700r4, so you might seriously consider just
buying one outright from one of the speciality companies.  Another option might
be
to look at the 2004r, another overdrive tranny used by GM that can actually be
built stronger than the 700. Try http://www.ptsnctb.com/ for some info ont he
2004r.  There are many others out there that offer both, just start surfing.
Let
me know if you have any other questions.

Good luck.

Bill C.