[oletrucks] Cam removal

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Cam removal
From: "William M. Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 07:39:19 -0500
List,

I am disassembling a 1960 235 for a rebuild. Two questions.

I have removed the two cam thrust plate screws. The engine is upside down
with the oil pan off and the crank removed. 1. The cam moves forward about
1/4 inch and then clunks into something. What else do I need to remove to
get the cam out ? Does the front end plate need to come off ?

I came home to find the cool little box I made to keep the valve train in
order on the floor with some of the push rods lying on the floor. I have no
way figuring out now which ones went where. Do I need to buy new or can I do
anything to save what I have.

Bill Schickling