[oletrucks] clutch noise

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] clutch noise
From: "Micheal P Shanahan" <shanahan@pacific.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 13:12:18 -0800
I lust installed a new brog/Warner 10" clutch kit in my 54 someone has
changed it to a four speed  floor shift but kept the closed driveline. I got
two questions one is that after finished I started the engine and it sounds
ok and I got clutch now but when I push in the clutch it some times gives me
a metal to metal kinda shrill like the throughout bearing is out but it is
new. I was thinking that the pilot bushing is bad or not lubed????any ideas

also is it possible to change out the closed drive line to regular w/o
swapping tranny or is it to much to worry about.??????

any one got a big block in one out there????????

thanks in advance for any help

Mike Shanahan

54' 3100