[oletrucks] 235 cam

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 235 cam
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 19:20:51 -0700
More on the cam...

Years ago, a friend had a 47 Plym**th coupe with a
235 engine swapped into it.  One day the engine
locked up, so he though it had thrown a rod or
something.  He wound up putting a 289 engine in the
car, and gave me the 235.  I took it apart, the
timing gear had stripped (it was a car engine with
the fiber gear), and a connecting rod hit the cam
and locked up the engine.  THere are flats cast into
the camshaft...they are there to clear the rods...so
if the cam/crank are in the wrong position, the cam
will hit the rods and not come out.  Somethign else
to ponder!

Jim F
59s in AZ