Re: [oletrucks] heidt's mus.II crossmember

To: <stephanie@annexe.cwnet.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] heidt's mus.II crossmember
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 19:39:01 -0800
I've used both of the Heidt's crossmembers your asking about.   The pre-cut
version for an AD and the other for a vehicle that nobody made a kit for so
I trimmed everything to fit and dialed in the drop I wanted without the need
for Dropped spindles or spring cutting.  The universal kit does allow you a
range of about 5" to set the height of the front suspension.  Basically if
you want the truck to be more toward the stock height you would weld the
suspension "crossmember" low so the spindles centerline is lower than the
frame rail which raises the suspension.  I on the other hand, notched the
crossmember as much as possible to raise the spindle centerline and
crossmember up into the frame for a lower stance.

I have some documentation of the Universal kit on my Jeepster website if
your interested http://1950jeepster.freeservers.com/Suspension.htm

Joe Garcia