Re: [oletrucks] Primering Question

To: dkrehbiel@kscable.com (Deve Krehbiel)
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Primering Question
From: Tom3600@webtv.net
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 21:16:50 -0500 (EST)
Deve ~

I think that I would use the Permatex "Extender" primer only on the
badly corroded areas to "neutralize the oxidation of the metal" (rust).
This will also help fill in some of the imperfections caused by the
rust.  After this is dry I would lightly sand the surface of this primer
and then put on a coat of the etching primer over the entire surface to
be topcoated.

Tom

Tom Poterack
Moline, IL.