[oletrucks] Gas Tank Repair

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Gas Tank Repair
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 19:22:06 -0600
I spent today sandblasting outside. I pitty the fool who has a full time job
doing that. Hehehe. Anyhow, I blasted my gas tank. It really needed it and I
bought this nifty stuff from Eastwood called Tank Tone that gives a nice OEM
finish once its properly cleaned and dressed. During blasting I noticed some
rust and then some rust thru. Just an area about 3 inches square that is
pretty deeply pitted but only pin holes in two places.

One of my friends here said rather than risking using the Mig Welder and
blowing an even bigger hole in the tank, he said I should try JB Weld. What
do you guys think? Any better ideas?

Deve Krehbiel
Hesston, Kansas
1950 3100 * 1949 3600 * 1948 4400 * 50 3100
www.speedprint.com/Deves50/index.html