Re: [oletrucks] Chrome bumpers for AD.

To: CHARLES_A._CLARK@HUD.GOV, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Chrome bumpers for AD.
From: "Jeffrey cerniglia" <jcerniglia@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 12:47:38 -0500
I have bought one of these repro bumpers for my 59 GMC
Fleetside. The quality is OK but it took sending back
the first one until I received one that was decent. The
chrome is nothing more than flash plating, the steel is
not the same gauge as original and not tempered, so they
are basically for show so do not plan on them actually protecting your
truck. While bolting mine up I was able
to flex it by hand to line up the bolt holes. But for
the money it was sure better than the rusty bumper I
had before. In the future I plan on replating my original as it has the
holes for the marker plate as these do not.

Jeff Cerniglia
1959 GMC Fleetside
1957 Chevrolet Belair