[oletrucks] painting by pieces

To: greg@alglass.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] painting by pieces
From: Alan Quin <Alan_Quin@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 19:39:24 -0800
        Hi Greg Green.
            I have a 52 GMC 1/2 ton canadian,owned 20 years.I was very
apprehensive about painting my truck 6 years ago,let along the
welding,straightening and body work before painting. I did enlarge my shop
garage and buy the tools,gun,compressor and what the heck I went ahead and
did it! With help of friends and the auto parts shop I totally took the truck
apart too the last bolt.I did it myself and after a thorough
cleaning,sandblast and body work and priming I shot Dupont Chroma One base
clear red.By all means take all the parts apart. Its the only way to get the
preparation done to be sure no rust comes through,especially in seams where
it bolts together. Some of my pictures are at
http://sites.netscape/alanquin/homepage.By the way I did the cab raised of
frame outside in August under a tarp. The rest was done in my shop and cured
in different rooms in my HOUSE!    Alan Quin Thanks