Re: [oletrucks] Brake Drum Backing Plates

To: ross-piercey@home.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Brake Drum Backing Plates
From: john j tonyes <flfox1@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 19:39:50 -0500
Since you have sandblasted every thing just use a good black paint on
them.  My question is, why do you want to take them off each winter and
clean them?  I don't see where this is necessary.   They are good for
many of miles.  If everything is reparied as it should have been in the
beginning, it won't be necessary to remove the yearly. \
On Sun, 25 Mar 2001 13:10:50 -0700 Ross Piercey <ross-piercey@home.com>
writes:
> Hi all,
> I'm kind of stuck on how to finish the inside/outside of the
> backing
> plates. I've sandblasted and primed all the parts. Besides powder
> coating what is a good coating that will stand up to brake fluid if
> leak occurs or a inner grease or oil seal leaks. I plan on taking
> the
> drums off each winter for a complete cleaning with a pressure washer
> and
> degreaser.
> --
> Ross Piercey