Re: [oletrucks] 216 look-a-like valve cover for 235

To: haist <haist2@home.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 216 look-a-like valve cover for 235
From: Andrew Roberts <arobs@becker.u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 20:52:00 -0800 (PST)
I thought the look alike valve covers were the real thing.  Jim Carter's
sells a kit with the studs, seals, and nuts to replace two of the rocker
pivot bolts with studs so that a 216 valve cover can be bolted onto a 235.  All
the 216s (and 235s) I've
ever seen had the filler cap on the front end of the top of the valve
cover.  Unless it's a '53 or '54 235, the water pump still will not look
like a 216.

I have a '54 235 in my '49, but I didn't see the point in trying to hide
what it was.

Andrew Roberts
1949 3600
Buckley, WA