[oletrucks] Hydrovac??? I'm confused.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Hydrovac??? I'm confused.
From: NTemple46@aol.com
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 00:33:28 EST
OK, I think I am thoroughly confused.  I found a sketch in my chevy truck
data book of a "vacuum booster".  In this sketch the unit is located directly
behind the MC on the driver's side and appears to run on a mechanical linkage
with the brake pedal.  What I have on my 2-ton is actually located on the
passenger side frame rail and has no mechanical linkages, just vacuum and
hydraulic lines.  What exactly is a hydrovac unit?  Is what I have not a
hydrovac unit?  What should one look like?  Does someone have a schematic for
the correct line hookups for one of these units?  The data book also refers
to single and dual line boosters....again I am confused?

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.  I am now thinking that the PO
may not have even had this unit hooked up correctly at all.

Thanks Neil
46 2-ton.