[oletrucks] repost of same question - Window Regulator 1946

To: "Oletrucks \(E-mail\)" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] repost of same question - Window Regulator 1946
From: "Jim House" <jhouse@ccsolution.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 17:52:39 -0400
I have been driving my truck over a dirt road.  It is somewhat bumpy and
every once in a while the window will automatically roll all the way down.
The window has new channel kit (one year old).  I was told to get a new
regulator.  Well I took a look at mine and saw that it seemed to be
controlled by a spring.  So I went to the junk yard and pulled another
spring.  Swapped them out and the window is not coming down as often,
however it is still to often.  The other window stays put.  Is there a way
to tighten this down or do I need a new regulator?

Thanks,
Jim House
Hollis, NH