Re: [oletrucks] Weather stripping

To: <MKlepp4335@cs.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Weather stripping
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 13:36:15 -0700
I like the weather stripping from Chevy Duty.  I used the 3M Super
Weatherstrip  Adhesive # 051135-08001 that comes is a red box that can be
purchased at the local part store.  It dries very fast !  You only need to
apply a small amount to the door channel and then apply the weather strip.
Be really careful not to get it on the paint because it doesn't like to come
off.
On the cowl vent I normally open the vent say 1-inch and then with the bolt
loose between the lever that goes up to the vent and the one that goes to
the handle, pull the two together to apply more tension to the vent when
it's closed.  You also want to be sure to apply some lube to the vent pivots
on the cowl and be sure the vent lays down evenly on the gasket before
tightening the two bolts the vent pivots on under the cowl.  Once the vent
lays down evenly then you can shorten the adjustment rods and it will pull
the vent tighter on the cowl vent gasket.

Joe Garcia