Re: [oletrucks] 1 ton rear question.. was: Camaro Rear EndYears

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1 ton rear question.. was: Camaro Rear EndYears
From: John Dorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 18:44:07 -0400
Justin,

There is a company that makes 3.90 gears for the 1 tons but i don't
remember who off the top of my head. I was going to go with  that but
now I'm looking at finding a NAPCO setup and will probably wait and do
both axles at the same time.

Other possibilities include Overdrive, a brownie unit, and one of the
easiest things, Tire Size. My fire truck will do over 70 mph with a 6.50
rear end because it has a 0.861 overdrive and 900-20 tires.

Most of those 1 tons came with 17" or 17.5" tires, Over the years these
have been replaced with easier to find 16" rims reducing the available
top speed.

--
John Dorsey
Wauchula, FL