Re: [oletrucks] 1 ton rear question.. was: Camaro Rear End

To: "Justin C. Earl" <porkchopzz4@netzero.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1 ton rear question.. was: Camaro Rear End
From: "Gary L. Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 01:00:14 -0500
Not sure on this, but I believe if you stay with the same brand rears the
newer gears will bolt right in to your old housing. I once sent a 3/4 rear
set from a 71 Chevy to a guy to put in his AD truck. Why not contact one of
the rear-end shops listed in magazines, they should know this interchange
ability. Does your 3rd member unbolt and come out the front? These are the
easier ones to swap. Just bolt new gear assembly in it's place, no setup or
anything, put original axles back in and presto! I assume you have the
floating axles that have 8 bolts and pull out w/out removing the drums.

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN
54 Chevy 2-ton (driver)
50 Chevy COE (project)