[oletrucks] backfire update

To: "Oletrucks \(E-mail\)" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] backfire update
From: "Jim House" <jhouse@ccsolution.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 09:25:14 -0400
Well my guy found some original AC Delco points and replaced them on my
truck.  Mine are still on order at Carters, getting to be 3 weeks.  He did
the timing and told me that I put my new distributor cap on backwards.  I
did not have a clue that there was a correct way to put the caps on.  We can
now drive the truck and have a normal conversation in the cab.  For some
reason the engine runs much quieter.  The truck still hesitates on
acceleration however there is no backfire.  After driving 10 - 15 minuets
there is no hesitation.  Also, I noted 3 months ago that I was running
straight 30 weight oil and I had 30 lb pressure for the first 10-15 minuets.
I have changed to 10/30 and now I have 15-17 lb pressure for the first 10-15
min then it drops down to 7 lbs and stays there.  This is also the time
period that I have had all of my problems.  Is there a connection?

My guy told me that to stop the hesitation that I need to rebuild the
carburetor.  What do you all think?

Thanks,
Jim House
Hollis, NH  - I can see a 1/3 of my front yard - maybe winter will end....