Re: [oletrucks] Worn spring carriers

To: Stu <sbcltd@netcomuk.co.uk>, OLETRUCKS <OLETRUCKS@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Worn spring carriers
From: Barry Heigher <bheigher@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 06:23:48 -0700 (PDT)
If I understand your problem correctly, the fix is
with a sleeve included with the shackle kits that will
replace your worn sleeve Chevy Duty sells them).  The
old ones on mine were a chore to get out.  I ended up
reamiing them with a drill bit and then cutting a
groove in each one with a hacksaw and that freed them
up enough to be pounded out with a hammer and punch
having a slightly less diameter than the sleeve.  No
welding was required.

If you are saying the wear on your truck is beyond the
sleeve and into the cast carrier then I don't know how
to help you on that. Maybe another trucker has solved
that.

Barry

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/