[oletrucks] Re: Windshield trim clips, '55 Pickup

To: GremlinGTs@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Windshield trim clips, '55 Pickup
From: McGillis@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 21:01:44 EDT
In a message dated 4/11/2001 5:31:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Gremlin GTs
writes:

>   Glad to be of service...let me know if this turns out to be the correct
> items, as I'llneed some, too. The trim is just press-fit into the rubber,
so
> there are no clips to hold it to the rubber, so the only other clips must
be
> the joiners.

*****************

I went to the Golden State store in Anaheim this afternoon and bought their
last set.  It took about 15 minutes to locate the clips.  They are not pretty
and appear to have been cut from an extrusion with dull snips as the edges
are somewhat rough.  But, for $5.32 out the door, I took them.  Maybe the
Carter ones are better.  I went to the site I thought to be the present home
of Carter (http://chevytrucks.org/) and it doesn't work.

<< Hey Jerry - those pieces missing from the windshield trim are probably the
trim clips such as Jim Carter Part No. TR274 about $5.65 a set.
Regards - John Sutherland - Greensboro, NC
59 Fleets & 55 2nd >>

If you find good ones, please let me know.

Thanks,

      Dennis McGillis
      '55 Cameo, '36 Lowcab
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America