Re: [oletrucks] torque converter problem

To: "Gary L. Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>, "Tom" <tomntam@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] torque converter problem
From: Bob Fischer <bfischer@utm.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 11:51:53 -0700
>Something I forgot. At the truck plant one of the holes is regular round
>shape and two are slightly oval. You have to get the bolt in round hole
>first or it won't line up if you tighten one in oval hole first as it's out
>of alignment. don't know why they do that, on one ever knew when I asked.

It's to allow for manufacturing tolerances. In a perfect world everything
would line up and fit together as designed on paper, but in the real world
such is not the case. Theoretically, the round hole is centered on a exact
radius from the center point of the round flexplate/ring rear assy. The
other two holes allow for slight mis-alignment.
"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

http://home.utm.net/bfischer      e-mail -->bfischer@utm.net