Re: [oletrucks] 350 turbo adjustment

To: "Tom" <tomntam@earthlink.net>, "Oletrucks"
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 350 turbo adjustment
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 21:05:23 -0700
First you have the adjustment bracket bolted to the intake manifold or
Carburetor depending on the year.  The carburetor has the pin that attaches
to the carburetor linkage but has the shoulder the downshift linkage rides
against.  What you do is take a close look at the black housing on the
downshift linkage next to the spring and adjustment bracket.  You'll see an
indentation where if you reach in from the bottom the plunger will pop up
and the spring will shoot the kickdown cable housing backwards.  Once you
pop the plunger up, rotate the throttle all the way open and then before
releasing the throttle linkage, push the plunger back down to lock the
kickdown linkage into place.  This will set the kickdown linkage for the 350
.

Joe