Re: [oletrucks] RE:speedometer

To: "Jim Nordwall" <jnord@fgi.net>, "oletrucks"
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] RE:speedometer
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 00:16:40 -0500
FYI, I believe that the GM standard, for years, was 1000 RPMs=60 MPH.  This
should translate linearly across the MPH range (i.e. 500 RPMs=30 MPH & 1500
RPMs=90 MPH--RIGHT, downhill, maybe!).  I did this using a lab calibrated
strobe light (& cheap electric drill with adjustable variable speed).
Remember that the input to the back of the speedometer (facing it from the
back) is counterclockwise.

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com