[oletrucks] Transmission Shifting

To: "Oletrucks List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Transmission Shifting
From: "Brad Rusnak" <b_rusnak@telusplanet.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 18:21:08 -0600
I have a 261 engine in my truck.
I assume that the transmission is original. It is a three speed.
The transmission is hard to shift from third to second. I grinds and clunks
when shifted.
It shifts good from second to third, though.
The mechanic at my work took it out for a ride and was able to "double
clutch" the transmission and it shifted fine.
He figured if the transmission had synchro rings, they might be slightly
worn.
Does this transmission have synchro rings for second and third gear?

Brad Rusnak
1949 Chev 1/2 Ton with 261 Engine
b_rusnak@telusplanet.net