[oletrucks] Re: glass and fastener vendors

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: glass and fastener vendors
From: JWSuther1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 18:55:09 EDT
Saw the subject of glass on here recently and thought I would relay the name
of one I have had good service with. (On TF trucks but they have glass for
all pre 1948 trucks.)  "Vintage Glass" in Suwanee, GA web site:
www.vintageglass.com.
I have purchased 4 sets from them and had no problems!
Also, while I'm on the subject of good vendors I'd like to mention
"Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc."  Windber, Pa.  Ph 814-467-5323 They
have a catalog and good prices.
They stock the TF truck side window glass horizontal whiskers (with the
stainless lip across the top) most vendors just have the black plastic lip.
If you have the deluxe trim it helps put the finishing touch to it.  Also
they appear to have every fastener ever made - I looked every where for the
correct fasteners for the 59 fleetside bedside stainless trim and they had
them in stock.
One other thing and I'll get off of here - When I remove and replace the vent
window glass I let gasoline soak around the seal for 10-15 minutes and they
normally pull out a lot easier than any other way I've tried. (TF Trucks)

Best Regards - John Sutherland - Greensboro, NC
59 Fleets & 55 2nd