[oletrucks] Corner Windows

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Corner Windows
From: "Bobby D Keeland" <bob_keeland@usgs.gov>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 10:17:45 -0500
Does anyone have any idea of about what it should cost to have the corner
windows spliced into a 'currently' three-window cab?  My dad has a 3-window
cab that is in really good shape and we have the corner windows (plus part
of the roof and back window) that were cut from a 5-window cab.  The
5-window cab was a real rust bucket except for the back of the roof and
area around the windows.  We are hesitant to do this ourselves as neither
of us welds.  Any ball park figures would be much appreciated.

Speaking of welding in sheet metal on a roof, the current copy of  Custom
Classic Trucks has an article about choping the top.  They do all of the
welding on sheet metal with an acetylene torch.  EVERYONE on this list says
to use only a mig or tig on sheet metal.  Whats up with that?  Is it just
that you have to be REALLY GOOD at welding to use a torch on sheet metal?

BobK
51 3600 5-window (project)
89 F150
98 RAM (hers)