RE: [oletrucks] Removing TF Doors (and general disassembly)

To: 59gmc@bigriverbroadcasting.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Removing TF Doors (and general disassembly)
From: "Jeffrey cerniglia" <jcerniglia@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 11:15:41 -0400
I have taken a set of doors off before by myself and what
I ended up doing was use two cement blocks stacked in the
middle and used single bricks to make up the rest of the
space between the ground and the door. I was concerned with the paint so I
also stuffed a moving blanket between
the bottom of the door and the blocks. I then unbolted
the door from the hinges and it went pretty smooth. It seemed like it would
be easier to handle without the
hinges in the way, my two cents anyway, two people are
always better in any case. On the 58 engine and tranny,
where are you located Greg??

Jeff Cerniglia
1959 GMC Fleetside
1958 GMC Step (coming soon)