Re: [oletrucks] turn lights

To: "Ronald I. Givens" <givens@hal-pc.org>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] turn lights
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 06:37:35 -0700
Ron,

I had a 1940 Chevy Sedan and they use the same light housing and all.  The
40 used those as front parking lights that's why the lenses are clear.  I
think what you can do is just  buy the 39 lenses or buy some bulb paint and
paint the inside of the lens red.  I've used the bulb paint on dash lights
to give them a different glow "Orange or Light Red".

Check with a vendor to see if the red lenses for a 39 will fit the 1940
housing.  I'm pretty sure they will.

Nice find !!!

Joe