RE: [oletrucks] getting started

To: "Woods and Cindy Houghton" <woodecindy@caverns.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] getting started
From: "haist" <haist2@home.com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 19:05:19 -0700
Here's what I've done(assuming the engine turns):

First buy a service manual.

With the plugs out and some oil in the cylinders (squirt it in though the
plug holes)make sure the engine turns freely.

Then go completely through the fuel system.  Take the gas tank out and get
it boiled out, flush out or replace the fuel lines, replace the fuel
pump(cheap insurance), and put a kit in the carburetor.

Then go through the ignition system with new points, plugs, wires, etc.  Set
everything to spec.

Then make sure the electrical system is safe (check for shorts) and stick a
battery in it and crank it for a  compression check.

If the compression is decent, put the plugs back in and light 'er up!

Good luck.

Oh, if it does run, don't plan on going anyplace until you go through the
brake system and the front end!

<><
Whitney Haist
Orinda, CA