[oletrucks] Air cleaner

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Air cleaner
From: "Larry Winters" <lwin517@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 13:38:22 -0700
Hey gang,  I was driving to a friends house last week when I stooped at one of
the "Classic" Denny's restaurants for quick meal. I seen a nice 56 Chevy truck
on the lot so I started talking to the owner. After a bit he told me about a
guy he knows who was leaving the state and had a 55 truck for sale. I
contacted him and found one of those "deals of the year". I ended up with a
1955 3100 shortbed. It has a 265 V-8 with a three on the tree. All stock
except chrome wheels. The dash is complete and uncut.

  He had a bunch of extra parts and even a truck cover. My one problem is that
he lost the original air cleaner several years ago. He said it was a round one
like on 55-56 cars. Does anyone know for sure what it was? Better yet if
anyone on the list has one ping me off-list.

The other glitch was telling my wife her new Monte Carlo has to sit outside
for a few "weeks"  Oh well......