[oletrucks] Re: Swap meet

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Swap meet
From: "The Slesaks" <foghorn@ev1.net>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 22:35:34 -0500
Greg asked,

> Has anyone ever been to this swap meet?  Is it worth driving 80-90 miles?
>
> I noticed on their web site that it is put on by a Thunderbird club. Ya'll
> (southern expression) will have to forgive me but I'm new to this diggin'
> around for oletruck parts, and don't want to spend all day lookin at
T-bird
> parts trying to figure out how to make them work on my '48.
>

> Greg Green
> '48 Hot Rod in Progress

Greg,
Hopefully you didn't take all day today to drive over to Conroe for this
swap meet.  I went, and I was very disappointed.  I am a member of the
T-Bird club that hosts this swap meet, as well as an owner of a old GMC
pickup, and it seems to me that the spring Conroe swap meet is getting
smaller every year.  Of course, this is also the weekend of the "Super Chevy
Show" in Ennis Texas (near Dallas).   If I had the time, I would much rather
have gone up to that one.  It's at the drag strip, and not only is there a
great show and swap meet, but you also get to see many of the cars and truck
run down the strip.

There is a much better Conroe meet every year in February (not hosted by the
T-Bird club).  If you want to go to one, go to that one.

Regards,
Tim Slesak
Magnolia, Texas
41 GMC 3/4 ton