[oletrucks] Why Own an Ol Truck?

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Why Own an Ol Truck?
From: "K.P." <oletwuk@fastrus.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 00:15:04 -0400
Kevin P. here...

I've been low profile for quite some time, but this recent thread really on
expenses sounds fun!!!  I'll Play!!  Why do we do it???

Some people purchase an old truck because it's the "In" thing to do...
(Oh...  Why don't we ALL keep up with the Jones'???) Lesseee...
The Math:  X Percent Gross Expense = Y Net Gain in Social Status
Divided by Level of Rise among Crowd "A', vs
Divided by Level of Rise among Crowd "B", vs
Divided by Level of Rise among Crowd "C"...  = Decision making
opportunity...
Is it worth it, or should I buy a Harley???

Some people purchase an old truck because they know that the value of model
"AbCdefg" is destined to increase by 37 Percent over the next 5.7 months, as
provided by U.R. Fewlish, his/her personal financial advisor, and they
intend to capitalize fully on this portfolio addition...

And... some people buy a truck simply because they fall in love with it...

Me?  I'm in "love".  And... I also love my wife...

Gee, Let's compare the two...  Yes, there ARE similarities....

I can think of things I like about both of them...

They each have pretty cool curves in certain places.... WhoooooHawwww...

They each fulfill certain personal needs...

They each accept gifts well, though the wife has a tendency to be more picky
on some issues...

But, I can also think of things I really dislike about both of them...

Similar expenses too...  H'mmm.   Naaaah, Wife is WAY up there...  Truck is
easy when you look at relative amounts expended vs return on investment...
Let's do the math...  Whew.  What an answer!!!  How shocking!!!!  Now...
Let's act on it!

So...  When's the last time you approached your wife brandishing an Excell
Spreadsheet and complained about just how much money she cost
   (The thought of THAT one petrifies me...!!!)

Old Trucks FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

Kevin P.
'59 Apache 38/NAPCO

<<<<<I keep all the expenses for my truck in an Excel
spreadsheet......>>>>>>