Re: [oletrucks] Hydraulic Lifters

To: "Pat Bibbs" <PatB@iewc.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Hydraulic Lifters
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 06:58:34 -0700
For hydraulic lifters comp cams say's:

Turn the engine over by hand in the direction of rotation until the exhaust
pushrod just begins to move upward to open the valve.  You are now ready to
adjust the INTAKE rocker of the same cylinder.

Carefully tighten the nut on the intake rocker arm while spinning the
pushrod with your fingertips.  You will feel a slight resistance in the
pushrod when you have taken up all of the clearance.  This is referred to as
"zero lash."  Now turn the adjusting nut 1/2 turn more.  Generally, 1/2 turn
on the adjusting nut will provide the suggested .030" preload.

Once again, turn the engine in its direction of running rotation until the
intake pushrod comes all the way up and almost all the way back down.  Now
set the EXHAUST rocker to "zero lash" and add 1/2 turn.  You now have set
the pre-load on one cylinder.  Repeat these same steps to set the pre-load
on each cylinder.

Hope this Helps..........More typing then I've done in a while!

Joe