RE: [oletrucks] Latch Removal

To: "'Pastorjon994@cs.com'" <Pastorjon994@cs.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Latch Removal
From: Terry Stellman <STELLMAN@noex.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 15:26:56 -0500
You need to remove the window then remove the metal retainer that holds the
fuzzy channel in place near the latch area.  With that stuff out of the way,
you remove the door handle then remove the latch mechanism and lift it out
of the door through the window opening.  Once the latch is out you can see
the spring that needs to be replaced and you can inspect and grease all the
other parts.  I used white lithium grease in mine.  If your truck is like
mine I went through all the spring update business when I originally put it
together only to find out that the whole thing was really wore out and I
ended up buying new latches and tearing the doors apart all over again.

Terry Stellman
1949 3600
Missouri City, Texas