Re: [oletrucks] acumalater seal on th350

To: RobXR250@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] acumalater seal on th350
From: Bob Fischer <bfischer@utm.net>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 17:00:09 -0700
Ahhh- the fun stuff :)
The cover is held in via a wire like ring. Should be a small hole on the
outer circumference, just above the bottom toward the tail shaft which you
can poke a scribe, ice pick or ? in to force the ring away from the edge
enough to get a screw driver blade behind it and force it out. When you put
the new O-ring in, coat it with petroleum jelly, white grease or ? to keep
it slippery. There is a special tool which hooks the edge of the pan and
applies pressure on the center of the cover when re-installing, but if you
have an extra pair of hands (friend) it can be done without the tool.
The last time I did this I took the cover in and out 2-3 time before I got
it so the O-ring seated and did not leak, so don't give up if it leaks
after the first go round. Hope you're luckier than I was :)

>im stuck. i have a th350 in my 50 3100 and the accumalater housing is
>leaking. i picked up the 'o' ring seal for it, but i cant figure out how to
>get the cover off to replace the seal. id appreciate any help becuase this is
>really holding me up, the thing is leaking like a siv.

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

http://home.utm.net/bfischer      e-mail -->bfischer@utm.net