Re: [oletrucks] King Pin Bushing Reamer .923

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] King Pin Bushing Reamer .923
From: J Forbes <jforbes2@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 07:50:02 -0700
> Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 12:35 PM
> To: oletrucks
> Subject: [oletrucks] King Pin Bushing Reamer .923
>

> I'm at the point of replacing the king pins on my 51 and ran into a
> problem with the bushings. The shop manual calls for them to be reamed
> out to .923 with a J-3057 reamer after installation. I've called all the
> tool supply shop around town and searched the net for a reamer with no
> luck. The closest I can find is .9219 or 59/64". can someone give me a
> lead as to where I could buy one or maybe someone on the list has one
> for sale.
> J-3057 King Pin Bushing Reamer .923" or equivalent
> - --
> Ross Piercey
> 51 Chevy 3/4, 5W, LB

Ross--

You might try asking some local machine shops if they have an adjustable
reamer near that size that you could borrow, or bring them the spindles
and pins and have them fit them.  It should cost less than buying the
reamer yourself.

My old neighbor bought a reamer to do the king pins in his 53 Chevy car
from JC Whitney, in the mid 70s...

Jim F
59s in AZ