Re: [oletrucks] New to Oletrucks--more comments!

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] New to Oletrucks--more comments!
From: J Forbes <jforbes2@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 08:05:50 -0700
> Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 11:56 AM
> To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
> Subject: [oletrucks] New to Oletrucks
>

> Hey everyone, I recently purchased a second series,
> legally a 55, but really a bunch of 55-58 body parts
> mounted to a 70s chevy 4x4 frame with wood blocks,
> chunks o' metal, rusty bolts and some sort of gray
> glue.  It can be seen at www.jps.net/rootbeer/55chevy
>
> Im sure soon enough I'll have some questions for yall!
>
> - -Mike Sanders

Mike--

Welcome...neat truck!

It's amazing how hard some folks will work to do things the wrong way
:)   hopeuflly you can get most of it squared away, though.

The engine looks like a tall deck truck block, either 366 or 427,
judging by the dual thermostat housing, which was used on big truck
engines.  The intake manifold is wider, the block is taller, the pistons
have 4 rings instead of 3, it should have 4 bolt mains and a steel
crankshaft, and real small valves.

You might want to measure the wheelbase of the chassis, and compare it
to the original 55-59 wheelbase, to see if the cab/bed will fit right
when you get them mounted properly...I think the short beds are all
about 114-115".

Have fun!  and be sure to ask questions...there are a lot of answers
here.

Jim F
59s in AZ