[oletrucks] Bed mounting on 55 2nd

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Bed mounting on 55 2nd
From: Ribbit2@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 12:11:05 EDT
Bill, I think your bed mounts like my 57-3100 Step. The front and the second
(from the cab back) are the same. The third one is curved on the ends. The
back one also holds the tailgate and bedsides together (4 bed sills all
together). They have eight bolts that hold the bed on the frame. On my 57
they are all the same length and only have rubber pads between the frame and
the cross sills. I don't know why you couldn't cut off the ends of the one
back by the rear tires if you need to. If you cut both ends off just after
the frame width (stock width) I think you could run 19 inch wide tires and
not hit the frame. ! ! Love your pictures, looks like you are making lots of
progress.

Good luck. Jim H.