[oletrucks] Air compressors

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Air compressors
From: dph55 <dph55@pdq.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 07:17:30 -0500
I have used an existing electric clothes dryer outlet and a homemade extension
cord for a power supply for my 220 volt air compressor for years til I was
able to make a nicer arrangment right next to my compressor location. It gives
you 220 volts with 30 amp capability. That will run one heck of a compressor.
The people selling compressors think we are all stupid enough to believe that
we can run a 3 horsepower compressor on a 15 or 20 amp 120 volt circuit. NOT!
If it is a 120  volt compressor, I can assure you it is 1-1/2 horsepower or
less and not hoss enough for any automotive shop work.
David Handley
51 GMC 5 window
Houston, TX